All customers, including children and infants under the age of 12, are required to personally submit their visa applications on their scheduled appointment date. Appointments must be booked online through the “Schedule an Appointment” feature.
If you are unsure whether a visa is necessary for your travel to Bulgaria, please visit our website at http://bulgarianembassy-london.org/consular-services/visas/ Nationals from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ghana, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Iraq, Iran, DR Congo, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, and Sri Lanka will be required to obtain an Airport Transit visa.
The Airport Transit visa allows foreigners to cross or stay in the international transit zone of the airport during a transit landing or flight change for onward travel to another country. It is important to note that foreigners staying in the transit room of international flights are not considered admitted to the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and are not permitted to leave the transit area.
To be eligible to submit a Bulgaria visa application, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid travel document and a valid UK residence permit. If the applicant holds a short-stay visa for the UK (C-type visa), they must apply for a visa from their country of residence.
- Apply for a short-term visa to Bulgaria for purposes such as tourism (including minors), private visits, business, study/conference/seminar, EEA/EU and Swiss national family members, or other short stay purposes.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the following link: https://www.mfa.bg/en/services-travel/consular-services/faq
|Airport Transit Package
Basic Plan, Standard Plan 1, Standard Plan 2, Schengen – Premium Lounge Service, Visa At Your Doorstep (VAYD Service) Plan 1, Visa At Your Doorstep (VAYD Service) Plan 2
The following list of documents is not exhaustive, and the Mission may request additional information or documents if necessary.
Both the standard and supporting documentation must be recent, no older than one month.
Applicants must bring and present their original documents, but only need to submit photocopies unless otherwise specified.
Documents to be submitted with the visa application:
- Application form & Photograph: The visa application form must be fully completed in English and signed in two places by the applicant (field no 37 and last field). Please download the form. Additionally, include one recent color passport photograph.
- For Minors under the age of 18: Signatures from both parents/guardians are required. Family members of European Union citizens should fill in the fields of the visa application form that indicate their family relationship.
- Original Passport: The passport must be valid for at least three months after the intended date of departure from the Republic of Bulgaria. If there are multiple visits planned, it should be valid after the last scheduled departure from Bulgaria. The passport must contain at least two empty pages and should have been issued within the previous 10 years.
- Photocopies: Provide photocopies of the data pages of the passport, as well as any current and previous expired visas.
- Valid UK Residence Permit: Proof of UK residence, either endorsed in the passport or issued as a Biometrics card, must be provided. The permit should be valid for at least one month upon return to the UK. Please note that a C type visitor visa is not acceptable.
- Visa for the destination country if required.
- Travel Medical Insurance: A valid insurance policy is required for Bulgaria and all EU member states, covering the entire duration of the trip. The insurance should cover all costs for repatriation, urgent medical care, and emergency hospital treatment during the stay indicated in the visa application. The minimum coverage required is EUR 30,000.
For minors (children below 18 years of age), the following additional documents are required:
- Declaration of Consent for Minor Children: This document must be signed by both parents.
- Original and Copy of Parents’ Passports: Both parents must provide their passports.
- Power of Attorney or Court Order: In case one of the parents is not present, a power of attorney or court order mentioning custody is required.
- Original and Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate: The child’s birth certificate, along with a certified translation, if necessary, must be provided.
It is important to note that holders of service and diplomatic passports are exempt from presenting proof of subsistence, accommodation, transportation, and insurance policy.
Please be aware that upon entry into Bulgaria, foreign nationals must declare in writing the purpose of their stay and provide the address where they will reside. This can be done by filling in a registration form. However, citizens of the European Union member-states and countries in the Economic European Area are exempt from this requirement.
Furthermore, all foreign visitors should be aware that according to Bulgarian Law, they are required to contact the local police station within 48 hours of their arrival in Bulgaria and provide written notification of their address. If staying in a hotel or private lodgings, the hotel management or host is responsible for registering them at the local police station.
Please submit one current color portrait of yourself that is no older than six months that satisfies the conditions listed below:
- Captured on a light background (white or off-white) to make features stand out and contrast with the background.
- Face-focused and of high clarity
- Full face: no grinning, no sunglasses, no hats or other head coverings, unless the applicant is wearing them due to his or her ethnicity or religion.
- Printed from a camera print on standard photographic paper.
- The photo that is adhered to the visa application form
The visa application will be deemed incomplete if the submitted photos don’t fulfill these specifications (see examples here), and the applicant will be asked to take fresh pictures in the photo booth at the visa application center.
Please download the Visa Visa Application Form. The completed application form must be signed and submitted, accompanied by one recent photograph.
Visa applications can be submitted up to 3 months prior to your departure date.
The minimum processing time for a visa application is 15 calendar days.
Every application must receive clearance from the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry in Sofia. If an application is submitted less than 15 calendar days before your travel date, we cannot guarantee a timely completion of the visa process.
To ensure a smooth visa application process, we recommend the following for all customers:
- Book your appointment as soon as you know you’ll be traveling.
- Make sure that your visa application’s documentation meets the requirements set by the Mission.
- Allow enough processing time for the Mission to review your application.
- Keep in mind that Mission closures and holidays may extend the processing time for your visa application.
If you are submitting your visa application at our satellite centers in Manchester, Cardiff, or Edinburgh, please add an additional 2 days to the minimum processing time. This is because your application will first be dispatched to the London office, and then forwarded to the Mission in London the following day.
During the visa application process, the Mission may request additional information/documents or invite applicants for an interview. Please be aware that this may cause delays in the visa process, and applicants are responsible for any resulting delays
You may access and download all the relevant forms from this location.
Sample Visa Form Word: Sample vis -Schengen-WORD.docx
Sample Visa Form PDF: Sample vis -Schengen-WORD.pdf
Online Application form: Visa Application Form
Checklist: Transit Checklist.pdf
To proceed with your visa application, please fill out the attached sample form (PDF, Word) completely. If you are unsure about any information, leave it blank. Once you have completed the form, please return it to us along with your passport, BRP card/UK residency, and copies of any previous Schengen visas that you have held.
Please forward the documents through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A consultation call will be scheduled after we have received this information to further discuss the application.
After sending the documents you can call us at +442035001580.
We strictly follow the GDPR Policy, your documents will be handled/saved & deleted accordingly.