All customers are required to personally submit their Schengen visa application on their scheduled appointment date.
Customers who plan to travel solely for tourist purposes, such as leisure, recreation, or sightseeing, and will arrange their accommodation (hotel, hostel, B&B, camping, etc.), should apply as tourists.
To be eligible to submit a Schengen visa application, customers must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid passport or travel document.
- Hold a valid UK residence permit. If the customer holds a short stay visa for the UK (C type visa), a Schengen visa application can only be accepted for essential travel purposes (business, study, family reunification, health or humanitarian reasons, and EU family members accompanying the corresponding family member), subject to analysis by the Mission.
- Apply for a short stay visa under the categories of tourist (including minors), visitor family/friends, business, EEA/EU and Swiss national family member, or airport transit.
Customers residing in the following counties fall under the jurisdiction of the Consulate of Spain in London & Manchester. They can only submit their visa application at the Spain Visa Application Centre in London & Manchester, which serves as the outsourced representative for the Consulate of Spain in London & Manchester. Please click on the provided link for a list of these counties.
Please note that all of the required documentation listed below is mandatory for all applicants, regardless of whether flights, accommodation, insurance, or other arrangements are made by the applicant’s employer, travel companies, or any other entities.
In the case of a family application, each family member must provide their own individual documents.
It is important to emphasize that every applicant submitting documents at the Spain Visa Application Centre must attend an appointment in person, including children below the age of 12.
Please ensure that you provide a copy of all original documents per person: one original and one copy.
Please be aware that the Spanish Consulate may request additional documents.
Online Application Form: It is crucial that you fully complete the form, sign it in both required fields, and bring it with you to your appointment. Please note that forms submitted from any other source will not be accepted.
Passport/Travel Document: Please provide the original and a copy of the page containing your personal data and photo. Your passport will not be accepted if it was issued more than 10 years ago from the date of your scheduled trip. The same applies to passports that have been extended but were originally issued more than 10 years ago. Additionally, your passport must be valid for at least another 90 days beyond your return date from the Schengen area and must have at least 2 blank adjacent visa pages.
Old Passport: Please provide your old or expired passport.
UK Residence Permit: To be eligible to apply, you must be a resident in the UK. Your residence permit must be valid for at least another 90 days beyond your return date from the Schengen area. Please provide the original and a copy (if it is a card type, please copy both sides).
Employment Contract: Please provide the original and a photocopy.
P-60: Please provide the original and a photocopy.
Cover Letter from the Employer: Please ensure that the letter is originally signed.
Employer’s Passport: Please provide a photocopy of the employer’s passport.
Bank Statements: To complete your application, it is necessary to provide the last three months’ official bank statements for your current account. These statements should show a minimum positive balance of £600.00 and include details of your income. Please ensure that the statements are obtained directly from your bank and are stamped to verify their authenticity. Both the original statements and copies should be submitted.
- It is important to note that when submitting your current account statements on the day of your appointment, the closing balance date should not be more than one week old.
- Please ensure that your account reflects sufficient funds, with a minimum balance of £600.00. If your trip is planned for more than eight days, an additional £60 per day must be shown starting from the ninth Any extra funds you wish to demonstrate can be displayed in your savings account statements. Please provide both the original and copies of these statements when applying.
- Please be aware that we do not accept traveler’s cheques, credit card statements, or bank statements that are currently overdrawn.
Travel Tickets: In order to proceed with your application, it is necessary to provide tickets or email confirmations for all international trips. These documents must be issued directly by the carrier company and should be printed from the airline’s website. We regret to inform you that documents issued by travel agencies will not be accepted unless the agency operates its own carrier planes. Proof of payment must also be provided for flights purchased through travel agencies.
- If you plan to travel by car, you will need to provide a copy of your driving license. If someone else will be driving, please include a letter from them along with a copy of their passport. Additionally, please provide car insurance and the V5 document (car registration documentation) or car rental documentation. You will also be required to provide full documentation demonstrating your means of crossing the borders, other than by air or land. This can include ferry tickets or Eurotunnel tickets.
- Please ensure that you complete the Travel Plan document, which should include all the necessary details of your travel itinerary. Kindly bring this document with you when attending your appointment.
Proof of accommodation is essential. You must present hotel bookings for each night you will be staying in the Schengen area, and these bookings must align with your travel tickets. If your name is not mentioned on the accommodation reservation, you must also provide a joint travel confirmation letter. This letter should be signed and dated by the person whose name is on the reservation. Additionally, please include a photocopy of that person’s passport or ID card, along with their passport. If the signature is on a different page than the main page with the photo, please provide a copy of that page as well.
- If you have been invited to stay in Spain by a family member or friend, you must provide an original and copy of the Official Invitation letter issued by the Police of Spain. Please include a copy of the host’s passport as well. Please note that only an official invitation issued by the Police of Spain will be accepted. A letter written by the host will not be considered valid.
- It is important to note that applicants who will be staying in a holiday house in Spain must provide a letter from the owner. Additionally, please include a copy of the owner’s passport, property deeds, and the IBI form.
Insurance: The insurance must be issued exclusively in the UK. To proceed with your application, you will need to provide both the original and a copy of the following documents: a travel insurance certificate that clearly displays your name, the start and end dates of coverage, as well as the geographical areas covered. Please note that a mere quotation will not suffice. Additionally, you must provide proof of emergency medical expenses coverage with a minimum of 30,000 Euros, as well as proof of repatriation coverage. The latter can usually be found within the summary of expenses section of your insurance policy booklet.
If your travel insurance is provided by your bank, it is essential that you include a recent letter from the bank confirming the coverage, along with the insurance booklet. The letter must bear your name, or if it covers dependents, proof of relationship must be provided.
Photo: A photograph meeting all the requirements outlined in the “Photo Specifications” tab above must be submitted. The photo should not be older than 6 months and must be in pristine condition, free from any damage. Please refrain from using glue, tape, staples, or any other means to attach the photo to the application form. It is crucial that you bring a compliant photo with you when attending the Visa Application Centre, as there are no photo booth facilities available on-site.
Important: Kindly refrain from stapling any documents together.
- All documents must be in English or Spanish, or they must be duly translated into one of these languages. Translations must be done by a certified and professional translator.
- Please note that having an appointment does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
- The processing time is the minimum amount stated in the Processing Time section above. However, it is important to be aware that in some cases, it may take longer.
- The acceptance of a visa application and documents by BLS does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Once an application is forwarded to the Consulate, they may request additional documentation or make further inquiries in order to process the application.
- All decisions regarding the issuance, duration, and number of entries for a visa are solely at the discretion of the Spanish Consulate in London.
- Please note that applicants are not permitted to apply by post.
IF BEING SPONSORED: If you are being sponsored, please include a sponsorship letter, a copy of the sponsor’s passport, and a valid Schengen visa (if applicable). Additionally, provide proof of the relationship with the sponsor, the original and a copy of the birth or marriage certificate, the sponsor’s employment letter, and bank statements showing sufficient funds along with three months’ salary slips.
Please note: Applications cannot be submitted more than three months prior to the intended departure date.
Visa Application Forms (English and Spanish)
Please take note:
The visa application forms are available in PDF format.
To view and download these forms, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
To download the application form, follow these steps:
- Click on the provided link for the form.
- Once the form opens, save it on your computer.
- Right-click on the required link.
- From the list of options, select “Save Target As.”
- Save the form on your computer.
Applications submitted at the Spain Visa Application Centre will be forwarded to the Spain Consulate in London on the following working day. Once the application has been submitted, the applicant may be requested to provide additional documentation to support their application.
It is important to note that the minimum processing time, as instructed by the Spain Consulate, is 15 working days. However, this timeframe may vary depending on the specific circumstances of each case.
We kindly request applicants to apply well in advance of their intended travel date. Upon arrival at the Consulate, the processing time for the visa may take up to 60 working days. To account for any unforeseen delays in processing, all applications must be submitted at least 15 working days prior to the proposed travel date.
Please be aware that the Consulate General does not provide updates on the status of visa processing. Therefore, any inquiries regarding this matter, whether by phone or email, will not be answered.
It is important to note that the processing time will commence from the day following the submission of the application.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
To proceed with your visa application, kindly complete the attached sample form (available in PDF or Word format) in its entirety. If you have any uncertainties regarding certain information, please leave those sections blank. Once you have finished filling out the form, please return it to us along with your passport, BRP card/UK residency documentation, and copies of any previous Schengen visas you may have obtained.
To submit the required documents, kindly forward them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receiving this information, we will schedule a consultation call to further discuss your application.
Alternatively, you may reach us at +442035001580 after sending the documents.
Please be assured that we strictly adhere to the GDPR Policy, ensuring that your documents are handled, stored, and deleted in accordance with the highest standards of data protection.