All applicants, including children and infants, must personally submit their Schengen visa application on their scheduled appointment date.
For non-EU citizens who are unsure if they require a Schengen visa to travel to the Schengen Area, please click on “Do I need a visa?“ to find out.
Applicants who plan to visit Austria for business purposes, such as attending meetings, conducting business deals, recruiting, training, or other work-related activities, can apply for a business visa.
To apply for a business visa, every applicant must provide an invitation letter from a business or company based in Austria. If an invitation letter is not available, the applicant will need to apply for a Tourist visa instead.
In the case of conferences, congresses, fairs, seminars, or workshops, the following applicants can also apply for a business visa:
– Employees attending an event organized by their own company or a company directly related to their employer.
– Employees actively participating in conferences, congress, fairs, seminars, or workshops.
An employer letter must clearly state the purpose of attending the event. If such a letter is not provided, the applicant will need to apply for a Tourist visa.
To be eligible to submit a Schengen visa application, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
– Possess a valid passport or travel document.
– Hold a valid UK residence permit. If the applicant holds a short stay visa for the UK (C type visa), they must apply for a Schengen visa from their country of residence.
– Apply for a short stay visa, including categories such as Tourist (including Minors), Visitor Family/Friends, Business, EEA/EU and Swiss national family member, or Airport Transit.
The following list of documents is not exhaustive, and the Mission reserves the right to request additional information or documents from the applicant if deemed necessary.
Both the standard and supporting documentation must be recent, meaning they should not be older than one month, and must be provided for every Schengen visa application.
Applicants are required to bring and present their original documents, but they only need to submit photocopies unless otherwise specified in the requirements.
Before gathering the necessary documents listed below, applicants are strongly advised to review the requirements outlined in the Overview section to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria for the chosen visa category.
Standard Documentation for Schengen Visa Application:
- Visa application form (original) – Please refer to the provided link for the form.
- Passport (original) – The passport must be signed and have at least two blank pages specifically for visa purposes. It should be valid for a minimum of 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area. Additionally, the passport must have been issued within the last 10 years on the day of departure from the Schengen Area.
- Photocopies of previous Schengen visas issued within the last 3 years, if applicable.
- UK Residence permit – The permit must be endorsed in the passport or issued as a Biometrics card. It should be valid for a minimum of 30 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area. Please note that a C type visitor visa is not acceptable.
- Photograph (original) – Please refer to the link provided for the specifications of the photograph.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR SCHENGEN VISA APPLICATION
Proof of Current Occupation
To support your visa application, you will need to provide proof of your current occupation. This can be done through various documents depending on your employment status.
For those who are employed, an employer letter is required. This letter should be recent, signed, and on official company letterhead. It should be addressed to the Mission and include the name and position of the signee. The letter should confirm your employment with the company. In addition to the letter, you must also include the last three pay slips, both original and photocopies.
For students, a recent letter from a UK university, college, or school is necessary. This letter should be signed and addressed to the Mission, confirming your enrollment.
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide a recent letter on an official letterhead. This letter should be signed and addressed to the Mission, confirming your self-employment. The source of this letter will depend on your specific circumstances.
If your company’s accounting is done by an external or independent accountant, the letter should come from them.
If your company has been registered by a solicitor, the letter should come from them.
If your company has a business bank account, the letter should come from your bank manager. If your name is not mentioned on the Certificate of Incorporation received from Companies House upon registering your business, additional proof of your connection to the company should be provided. This can be obtained from tax authorities.
To prove the purpose of your visit, you will need an invitation letter from a company or business in Austria. This letter should confirm the purpose of your visit, travel dates, and arrangements for accommodation and travel if applicable.
For employees attending fairs, congresses, conferences, or seminars, entry tickets or registration documents are required. Students, on the other hand, should apply as tourists.
Proof of Funds:
To demonstrate your financial capability, we require the latest three months’ UK current account bank statements. These statements should clearly display your name, address, and a positive end balance. It is essential that the statements are dated within one week of the visa application submission date. The bank balance reflected in these statements must be sufficient to cover all expenses during your intended stay in the Schengen Area, as well as for your return to the UK or your country of origin/residence. Alternatively, we also accept online bank account printouts.
Proof of Travel:
In order to verify your travel arrangements, we kindly request confirmed return travel tickets. These tickets should explicitly mention your name and provide details of the mode of transportation, such as airplane, train, boat, coach, or (hired) car.
Please ensure that you include a recent color photograph of yourself, taken within the last six months, adhering to the following specifications:
- Background: The photograph should be taken against a plain light background, preferably white or off-white. This will ensure that your features are clearly distinguishable and stand out against the background.
- Clarity: The photograph must be of high quality, with your face in sharp focus. This will enable us to accurately verify your identity.
- Facial expression: Please maintain a non-smiling expression in the photograph. Additionally, avoid wearing sunglasses, hats, caps, or any head covering, unless it is worn due to religious beliefs or ethnic background.
- Printing: The photograph should be printed on regular photographic paper, as obtained from a camera print. This will ensure that the image is clear and of suitable quality.
- Attachment: Please securely attach (glue) the photograph to the Visa Application Form.
In the event that the submitted photographs (see example) fail to meet these requirements, the visa application will be considered incomplete. In such cases, the applicant will be requested to obtain new photographs from the photo booth available at the visa application center.
In order to apply for Austria visa applicants needs to provide an online visa application form (VAF).(The application form cannot be hand filled)
Therefore each applicant first needs to duly complete and print the online Schengen visa application form as follows:
- Click Schengen Visa Application form (PDF format)
- Duly complete the online visa application form (as per the passport’s details)
- Select File in Menu bar
- Select Print and confirm Printing
Once the online Schengen visa application form has been printed then applicant needs to finish the remaining steps:
- Sign the completed visa application form in the designated places (1st signature at no.37, 2nd signature right under the disclaimer at the end of the VAF)
- Bring the signed visa application form with the supporting documents on his/her appointment day
Please note that hand-filled applications will not be accepted anymore at the visa application center.( schedule an appointment)
Applicants are advised to submit their Schengen visa application up to 6 months prior to their intended travel date to the Schengen Area.
The minimum processing time for a visa application is 2- 3 weeks. Therefore, it is crucial for applicants to allow sufficient time between their appointment date and travel date for the Mission to process their visa application. Please note that delays may occur, and we cannot guarantee the return date of the visa application.
For certain nationalities (please refer to the list provided), the visa application requires consultation from other Schengen countries, which may extend the minimum processing time to 3 weeks.
To avoid any delays in the visa application process, it is of utmost importance that the application is complete, and all submitted documents meet the requirements of the Mission. Please refer to the “Documents Required” section for the specific visa categories.
Applicants should also be aware that during peak seasons such as Easter, Summer holidays (July and August), and Christmas, appointment slots are quickly filled as the Mission can only process a limited number of visa applications per day. Additionally, please consider that the Mission closures and holidays may further extend the processing time.
Therefore, it is strongly recommended the following to all applicants:
- Book your appointment as soon as your travel plans are confirmed.
- Ensure that your visa application documentation meets the requirements of the Mission.
- Allow sufficient processing time for the Mission.
For applicants submitting their visa application in our satellite centers in Manchester or Edinburgh, please add an additional 2-3 working days to the minimum processing time. This is because the application will first be dispatched to the London office, and then forwarded to the Mission in London the following day.
Please note that the Mission may request additional information/documents or invite applicants for an interview at any time.
You may access and download all the relevant forms from this location.
Sample Visa Form Word: Sample vis -Schengen-WORD.docx
Sample Visa Form PDF: Sample vis -Schengen-WORD.pdf
Online Application form: new-application-form-2020.pdf
Business Checklist: Business Checklist
In order to begin your visa application process, we respectfully request that you complete the enclosed sample form (available in either PDF or Word format) in its entirety. If at any point you are unsure about any of the information required, please leave it blank. Once the form is complete, please submit it to us, along with a copy of your passport and BRP card/UK residency documentation, as well as any past Schengen visas that you may have previously obtained.
Please send the required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of these documents, we will arrange a free consultation call to further discuss your application and take the necessary next steps. For any additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at +442035001580.
We place utmost importance on data privacy and protection, ensuring that all your personal information is handled, stored, and deleted in strict accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy. You can have complete peace of mind knowing that your data is safeguarded with the highest level of security measures.