All applicants are required to personally submit their Schengen visa application on their scheduled appointment date. It is important for non-EU citizens who are unsure about whether they need a Schengen visa to travel to the Schengen Area to click on the “Do I need a visa?” link for clarification.
For individuals planning to visit and stay with family or friends residing in Estonia, a Visitor Family/Friend visa must be obtained.
To be eligible to submit a Schengen visa application, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid travel document and a valid UK residence permit. If the applicant holds a short stay visa for the UK (C type visa), they must apply for a Schengen visa from their country of residence.
- Apply for a short-term Schengen visa to Estonia for purposes such as tourism (including minors), private visits, business, study/conference/seminar, EEA/EU and Swiss national family members, or other short stay purposes.
We kindly request all applicants to adhere to these requirements and guidelines in order to ensure a smooth and efficient visa application process.
The following list of documents is not exhaustive, and the Mission may request additional information or documents from the applicant if necessary.
Both the standard and supporting documentation must be recent, no older than one month, and must be provided for every Schengen visa application.
Applicants are required to bring and present their original documents, but they only need to submit photocopies unless specified otherwise.
Documents issued by a foreign country must be translated into Estonian or English and certified with an Apostille or legalized. Documents issued by the UK must be apostilled.
Before gathering the required documents listed below, applicants are advised to review the requirements under Overview to ensure they are eligible to apply for the chosen visa category.
Please include the CHECKLIST for Private Visit with your application. Incomplete applications may not be accepted.
- Valid travel document (Passport) – issued within the previous 10 years, containing at least two blank pages for visas, and valid for at least 3 months beyond the visa expiration date (original plus copy).
- Application form – Please note that the Embassy only accepts prefilled online application forms for Schengen visa applications. Please use the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM – C visa. The completed form must be printed, signed, and submitted along with one recent color passport photograph.
- United Kingdom Residence Permit – Valid for at least 1 month beyond the intended departure from the Schengen area (original plus copy).
- Travel Arrangements – Proof of confirmed travel ticket to Schengen and departure from the Schengen area to the United Kingdom or the final country of destination.
- Travel Insurance policy – Valid in the entire Schengen area or worldwide with coverage as required.
In order to ensure a smooth application process, it is important to provide all the necessary documents and meet the specified requirements. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application In order to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience within the Schengen area, it is imperative to meet certain requirements. One of these requirements is obtaining a travel insurance policy with a minimum coverage of 30,000 EUR. It is essential that this insurance is acquired from an insurance company that has been approved by the Schengen countries. Please provide both the original and a copy of the insurance policy.
Additionally, it is necessary to present a bank statement from a United Kingdom bank, which should cover the last three months. This statement should be in the applicant’s name and address, and it should clearly display the details and balance that demonstrate the applicant’s ability to sustain themselves financially throughout their stay in the Schengen area. Furthermore, it should also indicate that the applicant has sufficient means to return to the United Kingdom or their country of origin, or to transit to a third country where admission is guaranteed. Alternatively, if the applicant is financially dependent on their spouse, please provide a marriage certificate, the spouse’s bank statements, and a copy of their passport.
Please note that cash will not be accepted as proof of sufficient means. It is important to show that each C-visa applicant has access to 70 EUR per person for each day they intend to spend in the Schengen area.
Moreover, it is necessary to provide proof of employment or student status. This can be done by submitting a recent, official, and signed letter from the employer. The letter should be on company letterhead and include the name, position, and date of the signatory, as well as the company’s address, recent telephone number, and registration number in the United Kingdom. Additionally, pay slips for the last three months should also be included.
By adhering to these requirements and providing the necessary documentation, you can ensure a successful visa application process.
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A recent letter from your accountant, banker, or solicitor. This letter should be on official letterhead and include the following information: your name, the date of issue, your address, a recent telephone number, the position of the signatory, and the registration number in the United Kingdom. This letter should confirm your self-employment or business ownership in the United Kingdom.
- A letter from the tax authorities.
If you are a student, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A recent, official, and signed letter from a school, college, or university in the United Kingdom. This letter should include the date of issue, your name, the type of studies you are pursuing, the number of lessons (hours) per week, and your attendance record.
In addition to the above documents, you will also need to provide proof of the purpose of your travel, which is a private visit to family or friends. This can be done by providing the following:
- A signed and dated invitation letter from your host. This letter should include full details such as the host’s name, contact details, and duration of your stay if you will be staying with them.
- Documents related to your accommodation.
- A copy of the data page of your host’s passport and/or Estonian residence permit.
- Proof of sufficient means to cover your accommodation expenses.
- Proof of family relationship, if applicable.
If you are a family member (spouse or child) of an Estonian citizen, you will need to provide additional documents depending on where you were married or born:
- If you were married or born in Estonia, you will need to provide your marriage or birth certificate.
- If you were married or born in the UK or another country, you will need to provide the original marriage or birth certificate.
- A copy of the passport of the Estonian citizen
During the application process, it is imperative that both parents provide their original passports. In the event that either or both parents are unable to present their original passports, a notarized copy of the passport’s bio data page must be submitted, duly certified by an official notary. However, this requirement does not apply if one parent possesses sole custody or a residence order for the child.
Additionally, it is essential to provide proof of consent from the parent with parental authority or the legal guardian.
Please submit one current color portrait of yourself that is no older than six months that satisfies the conditions listed below:
- Captured on a light background (white or off-white) to make features stand out and contrast with the background.
- Face-focused and of high clarity
- Full face: no grinning, no sunglasses, no hats or other head coverings, unless the applicant is wearing them due to his or her ethnicity or religion.
- Printed from a camera print on standard photographic paper.
- The photo that is adhered to the visa application form
The visa application will be deemed incomplete if the submitted photos don’t fulfill these specifications (see examples here), and the applicant will be asked to take fresh pictures in the photo booth at the visa application center.
Kindly be advised that the Embassy exclusively accepts pre-filled online application forms for Schengen visa applications. To proceed, please utilize the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM – C Visa. Once completed, the application form must be printed, signed, and submitted.
Applicants are welcome to submit their Schengen visa application up to six months prior to their planned travel date to the Schengen Area. It is important to note that the minimum processing time for a visa application is 15 calendar days. Therefore, it is strongly advised that applicants allow ample time between their appointment date and travel date to ensure the Mission has sufficient time to process their application. Please be aware that delays may occur, and we cannot guarantee the exact return date of the visa application.
Throughout the visa application process, the Mission may request additional information or documents, and applicants may be invited for an interview. It is important to understand that these requests may cause delays, and applicants are responsible for any resulting consequences.
For applicants submitting their visa application in our satellite centers, please consider adding an additional 2-3 working days to the minimum processing time. This is because the visa application will first be dispatched to the London office, and then forwarded to the Mission in London the following day.
To ensure a smooth and timely visa application process, it is crucial that the application is complete, and all documents submitted meet the Mission’s requirements. Please refer to the “Documents Required” section for the specific visa category.
We kindly request that applicants check the Mission’s closures and holidays, as these may extend the processing time of the visa application.
We strongly recommend the following to all applicants:
– Book your appointment as soon as your travel plans are confirmed.
– Ensure that all documentation in your visa application meets the Mission’s requirements.
– Allow sufficient processing time for the Mission to review your application thoroughly.
By adhering to these guidelines, applicants can help expedite the visa application process and minimize any potential delays.
Downloads – Rephrased
You may access and download all the relevant forms from this location.
Sample Visa Form Word: Sample vis -Schengen-WORD.docx
Sample Visa Form PDF: Sample vis -Schengen-WORD.pdf
Online application form: Application Form
Checklist: Visitor’s Checklist
To proceed with your visa application, please fill out the attached sample form (PDF, Word) completely. If you are unsure about any information, leave it blank. Once you have completed the form, please return it to us along with your passport, BRP card/UK residency, and copies of any previous Schengen visas that you have held.
Please forward the documents through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A consultation call will be scheduled after we have received this information to further discuss the application.
After sending the documents you can call us at +442035001580.
We strictly follow the GDPR Policy, your documents will be handled/saved & deleted accordingly.